Today I was prompted to think about my expectations for this year, including any changes, activities, experiences or people I look forward to encountering.
There are actually quite a few.
- I look forward to receiving an email from my prospective employer to say whether and when I can start my new job.
- I wonder what my new colleagues will be like, and how my career may progress.
- I am curious to see if and when I might be able to enrol on a PhD.
- I am going to have my 26th birthday, officially on the inevitable road to 30.
- I would like this year to be the one where I reach my long elusive fitness goal.
- I am planning to pass my driving test before my birthday.
- I am thinking about a few holidays.
- It’s going to be my mother’s 60th birthday.
- My nephew is going to start pre-school in September.
- I would like to clear up my status as the other women, seeing how it will change. It will have to, one way or another, eventually, as we have entered the 5th year – officially way too long.